The Alibaba Cloud Computing strategy is based on the three deployment models. These are PaaS, IaaS and SaaS. The goal of PaaS is to help clients build their application on top of a cloud infrastructure, typically by providing them with tools such as data science libraries, databases and application programming interfaces. IaaS allows you to create virtual machines and then manage them through an online portal while SaaS offers software over the internet as opposed to physical installation or purchase at your office location.
The Alibaba Cloud Computing Strategy
The Alibaba Cloud Computing strategy is based on three deployment models: PaaS (Platform as a Service), IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) and SaaS (Software as a Service).
The first two are the most commonly used in cloud computing. The third one is less popular but very important for companies who want to use services like email or CRM without having to invest in their own infrastructure.
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Platform as a Service (PaaS) is a cloud computing platform that enables users to develop, test and deploy applications without the hassle of managing the underlying infrastructure. PaaS provides a complete development environment, including operating system, programming language and database.
Alibaba Cloud’s PaaS can be divided into two categories:
- OpenStack-based PaaS–OpenStack is an open source technology used for building public and private clouds
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
IaaS is a cloud computing model in which the provider virtualizes resources and makes them available to customers on demand. In this model, customers pay only for what they use as they need it, instead of buying dedicated hardware or software licenses upfront.
IaaS can be used for many purposes, including:
- Data storage – When you store data in a public cloud service like Alibaba Cloud, you get access to scalable storage capacity and automatic backup services at all times without having to worry about provisioning or maintaining servers yourself
- Compute power – If your company needs more computer processing power than what’s available locally on its own premises (or if it doesn’t have any physical premises), then using IaaS could be beneficial because Alibaba Cloud offers flexible scaling options across multiple geographic regions
Software as a Service (SaaS)
SaaS is a subscription-based service that allows users to access software applications over the internet. The application runs in the cloud and can be accessed by users from anywhere, on any device with an internet connection.
SaaS applications are available on demand, meaning that they’re accessible from anywhere at any time without having to install or maintain them locally. This makes them ideal for companies who don’t have in-house IT departments or want to avoid upfront costs associated with purchasing hardware and software licenses.
The Alibaba Cloud Computing strategy is based on the three deployment models
The Alibaba Cloud Computing strategy is based on the three deployment models: PaaS, IaaS and SaaS.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) allows you to create your own cloud applications by using pre-built software components.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) provides ready-to-use services such as databases & analytics toolsets via web browser – no need for any setup at all!
The Alibaba Cloud Computing strategy is based on the three deployment models: PaaS, IaaS and SaaS. These three platforms have their own unique benefits, but they all share one thing in common–they allow you to build, manage and scale your application faster than ever before. You can also take advantage of our data center locations around the world to ensure that no matter where your customers are located; they’ll always receive an optimal experience when using your product